Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Comical Books: Capsule Reviews, 11/22/16

I have less time to read and review comics that I used to. So I decided to take the time I would have spent reviewing comics and used it to read more, instead.

End result: I'm just gonna divide the stuff I read recently into "COOL," "I BARELY REMEMBER IT/GUESS IT WAS OKAY," and "NO."

COOL:
Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir by Stan Lee with Peter David
Paper Girls, v.1 by Brian K. Vaughan 
Black Panther, v.1 by Ta-Nehisi Coates 
Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser by Mike Mignola
Steve Jobs: Insanely Great by Jessie Hartland
Krampus: Shadow of St. Nicholas by Michael Dougherty
Trick 'r Treat: Days of the Dead by Michael Dougherty
Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur, v.1 by Amy Reeder
Harlem Hellfighters by Max Brooks
Hawkeye vs. Deadpool by Gerry Duggan
Harvey Pekar's Cleveland by Harvey Pekar
Doctor Strange, v.1: The Way of the Weird by Jason Aaron

I BARELY REMEMBER IT/GUESS IT WAS OKAY:
All-New, All-Different Avengers: The Magnificent Seven by Mark Waid
Ex Machina, v.3-10 by Brian K. Vaughan
The Pitt by John Byrne
Spider-Man by Mark Millar
Invincible Iron Man, v.8 and 9 by Matt Fraction
Suicide Squad, v.1-3 by Adam Glass
White Sand by Brandon Sanderson/ Rik Hoskin
Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1953 by Mike Mignola

Escape from New York, v.2: Escape from Siberia by Christopher Sebela
Angel: After the Fall, v.2,3 by Brian Lynch
Daredevil: Back in Black: Chinatown by Charles Soule
Road to Perdition by Max Allan Collins
Outcast by Robert Kirkman
Fight Club 2 by Chuck Palahniuk/ Cameron Stewart
Essential Punisher, v.4 by Various Writers

NO:
Flight, v.2 by Various Authors
Fables, v.4 by Bill Willingham 
Phonogram, v.1 by Kieron Gillen
Snowpiercer, v.1,2 by Benjamin Legrand
The Best American Comics 2006 & 2007 by Various Writers
Swann's Way by Marcel Proust (adaptation by Stephane Heuet)

-Phony McFakename

* * *

Legal disclaimer: I am on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram and even Pinterest if that's your thing. And my books are on Amazon and Barnes & Noble and Kobo and probably some other places, too.

2 comments:

  1. I find your lack of enjoyment of Fables to be disturbing. One of the best things to come out of a mainstream publisher in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should revoke my comic-ordering privileges!

    ReplyDelete