Thursday, November 17, 2016

Writing Journal: Un-Inspiration

I'm not gonna write that Tronald Rump sequel, after all.

I said I'd do it if what's-his-name won, but people are just too scared, confused, and angry right now. And I get it.

The book would be hilarious, but no matter how I write it, it would be misconstrued as a clumsy attack or advocacy for you-know-who.

It would take a decade or two for the general public to appreciate the joke. And much as I like to write for posterity and the ages, I also want people to enjoy what I'm doing right now.

Plus, at this point, it would take a three-hour in-person conversation to explain what I'm doing with a Tronald Rump book. And they say if you have to explain a joke, it's not funny.

So I'll just write another hilarious book in its place.


-Phony McFakename

* * *

Legal disclaimer: I am on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram and even Pinterest if that's your thing. And my books are on Amazon and Barnes & Noble and Kobo and probably some other places, too.

1 comment: