Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Favorite Quotes: March 2017



"When I was younger and dumber I thought I could transform unhappy people into happy people by giving them whatever they wanted, or fixing whatever they thought was broken. This approach worked approximately zero times. Once a dopamine addict’s alleged problem is fixed, the addict still needs the next high. So they magnify small problems into big ones just to feel something. Or they create a problem where there was none."
-Scott Adams

 “The soil of a man’s heart is stonier; a man grows what he can and tends it.”

“You learned to accept, or you ended up in a small room writing letters home with Crayolas.”

“Sometimes dead is better.”
-Stephen King, Pet Sematary

“If I had my way about it, I still would not have published Pet Sematary. I don’t like it. It’s a terrible book—not in terms of the writing, but it just spirals down into darkness. It seems to be saying that nothing works and nothing is worth it, and I don’t really believe that.”
-Stephen King

“Having nothing builds character!”
-Hairspray (2007)

"You know what I like about people? They stack so well."
-House of Cards

“Frozen is heaven and frozen is hell. And I am dying in this living human shell.”
-Celtic Frost, “A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh”

“Trust God and the New Republic.”
-Warrior Soul (My misheard lyric for "Drugs, God, and the New Republic"- mine is more interesting and disturbing.)

“So how’d you beat him?”
“Time beat him. Time takes everybody out. It’s undefeated.”
-Creed

“If a hiker gets lost in the mountains, people will coordinate a search. If a train crashes, people will line up to give blood. If an earthquake levels a city, people all over the world will send emergency supplies. This is so fundamentally human that it's found in every culture without exception. Yes, there are assholes who just don't care, but they're massively outnumbered by the people who do.”
-Andy Weir, The Martian



-Compiled by Phony McFakename


* * *

Legal disclaimer: I am on Twitter and Facebook and InstagramAnd my books are on Amazon and Barnes & Noble and Kobo and probably some other places, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment