Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Favorite Quotes: November 2018

And now...

My monthly collection of favorite quotes I encountered. In word form.



“Who knows? Maybe you can stare too hard at something, huh? Drain out the virtue, suck out the living juice. You shoot the great places and the pretty people, all those girls and boys. Shoot 'em dead."
-Orson Welles, The Other Side of the Wind


“Ghosts are guilt, ghosts are secrets, ghosts are regrets and failings. But most times, most times a ghost is a wish. Like a marriage is a wish. A marriage is a house. A marriage can be haunted.”
-The Haunting of Hill House (2018)


"No egg on my face! Not a glob!"

“Somebody get me a tie! I don't care what kind, it sure as hell better be red!”

“I'm gonna kill you all kinds of dead.”

“How can I get anything done with all this time on my hands?”
-The Spirit (2008 film)


“The justice system in the West has a lot of problems...but at least there are rules. You have basic rights as the accused. You have your day in court. You don’t have any rights when you’re accused on the Internet. And the consequences are worse. It’s worldwide forever.”
-Ted Poe


“If you forget everything else but this one thing, you will be fine. If you forget everything else but this one thing, you will be fine. If you forget everything else but this one thing, you will be fine.”
“What is it? The one thing?”
“You have to figure that out for yourself.”
-The Bad Batch

Capt. Earl Armbruster: You almost tore that boy's arm off!
Action Jackson: So? He had a spare.

Officer Lack: Have you ever had your head forcibly rammed up your ass?
Officer Kornblau: Uh, no
Officer Lack: Well mark your calendar...that day's coming!

Peter Dellaplane: You have this nickname - what is it, excitement, enthusiasm, esprit de corps-
Action Jackson: [cutting off Dellaplane] It's ACTION!
-Action Jackson


“Realistic people facing down extraordinary terrors...that is why I love these books. You see as a kid I grew up in a very violent household. My father was a criminal, sexual abuser and head of the local chapter of the KKK. He was a monster more terrifying to me and my siblings than any vampire or werewolf. I began studying martial arts on the sly when I was little and by the time I was fourteen I decided it was time to throw down with him. He was bigger, older, more experienced and stronger than me. He also underestimated me, which makes sense because he’d been knocking me around my whole life. He was the unstoppable monster and I was the helpless Everyman. When it was over the downstairs of our house was wrecked and he was in intensive care. So, yeah, I like stories where ordinary folk go up against apparently insurmountable odds. The mutant cockroaches, flesh-eating zombies, killer crabs, and hungry sharks are stand-ins for what really scares us. Sure, we all get that. Who doesn’t? That’s what drives the genre for a lot of us—the thought that the monster in the dark can be defeated. That we can defeat them.”
-Jonathan Maberry


"This town could use some new locals. Spruce up the gene pool a little bit."

"You can never, ever have enough forks."
-Beethoven's Fifth


“Evil is always possible. And goodness is eternally difficult.”

"I wanted love and goodness in this which is living death... It was impossible from the beginning, because you cannot have love and goodness when you do what you know to be evil, what you know to be wrong. You can only have the desperate confusion and longing and the chasing of phantom goodness in its human form.”

“Don't be a fool for the Devil, darling.”

“Consequently, if you believe God made Satan, you must realize that all Satan's power comes from God and so that Satan is simply God's child, and that we are God's children also. There are no children of Satan, really.”

"New Orleans, though beautiful and desperately alive, was desperately fragile... Hurricanes, floods, fevers, the plague--and the damp of the Louisiana climate itself worked tirelessly on every hewn plank or stone facade, so that New Orleans seemed at all times like a dream in the imagination of her striving populace, a dream held intact at every second by a tenacious, though unconscious, collective will."
-Anne Rice, Interview with the Vampire



“We’re the bad batch. We’re not good. We’re bad.”
-The Bad Batch




-B.P. Kasik/Phony McFakename


* * *

My "legitimate" books are on Amazon here and my Phony McFakename books are on Amazon hereI exist on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram but I only really post regularly on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment