Friday, April 22, 2016

The Best Words: April 2016

Here's the words! If you also want to see what I think was funny on Twitter, here's the link.

“You seem really busy. Let me let you let me run.”
-Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday

“It won’t end well.”

-Patrick Stewart, Green Room

“Half-Vampire... Half-Lycan... but stronger than both!”

“Your incompetence is becoming most...taxing.”

“But what about the covenant? You know it’s forbidden!”

“You may have killed me, cousin, but my will is done regardless.”

“There is a good reason why these rules were created, and they are the only reason we have survived this long!”

“It is the oldest story in the book; he desires the one thing he cannot have.”
  
“It was forbidden, our union.”

“There can be no such union. And to speak of it is heresy.”

“I've bled for you once already. Without me, you'd have nothing. You'd be nothing.”
-Underworld

“Making a record is like making a record.”
-Al Jourgensen 

“The incentive for the outsider was to attack the inside right up to the moment he was co-opted by it.”
-Michael Lewis, Next

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”
-Michael Lewis, Moneyball

“Don't worry where I am. I'll tell you when I get there.”
-Michael Lewis, The Blind Side

“The Mormons may be going to Hell, but they really are nice people!”
-Michael Lewis, The Blind Side

“Everywhere you turn you see Americans sacrifice their long-term interests for a short-term reward.”
-Michael Lewis, Boomerang

In Iran you can vote for anyone for President so long as that person has been approved by the Ayatollah Khomeini. We Americans call that system a dictatorship.

“Voters in America recently discovered that they live under an Iranian type of system and didn’t know it. In the primaries, voters participate in some sort of ritualistic placebo voting while party leaders select the candidates. In the general election, the richest and smartest of the elite use money and psychology to brainwash the masses into imagining they have independent opinions and that their votes matter. We call that a republic.”
-Scott Adams

"How you do matters as much as what you do."
-Person of Interest

“Someday the world will give you a reason to be as grouchy as you are right now. Try to appreciate life a bit more until then.”
-Anonymous

“The one sound power in the world is the power of a hairy muscular right arm!”

“Never Explain Anything.”

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”

“Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.”

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.”

“Success is a relative thing- and the victory of a boy at marbles is equal to the victory of an Octavius at Actium when measured by the scale of cosmic infinity.”

“I fear my enthusiasm flags when real work is demanded of me.”

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.”

“A gentleman shouldn’t write all his images down for a plebian rabble to stare at.”

“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.”

“The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.”

“Adulthood is hell.”

“What is anything?”
-H.P. Lovecraft

“You’re a dinosaur...I’m just exercising my right to be the best I can be. That’s what America is all about, okay? That’s what makes it a great company!”
“Country.”
“...What did I say?”
-The Larry Sanders Show

“Aww, Winston. Someday you’re gonna make some lucky girl very uncomfortable.”
-New Girl

“There's a terror in knowing what the world is about.”

“You would think that a rock star being married to a supermodel would be one of the greatest things in the world. It is.”

“This chaos is killing me.”

“On the day of execution
Only women kneel and smile.”

“They know God exists for the devil told them so.”

“I’m an instant star. Just add water and stir.”

“Talking about art is like dancing about architecture.”

“And I’m gone
Like I’m dancing on angels
And I’m gone
Through a crack in the past
Like a dead man walking”

“I don’t want knowledge. I want certainty.”

“I'm always amazed that people take what I say seriously. I don't even take what I am seriously.”
-David Bowie

“Let’s have a party there’s a full moon in the sky
It’s the hour of the wolf and I don’t want to die...
I’m so happy, dancing while the grim reaper cuts, cuts, cuts
But he can’t get me,
I’m as clever as can be!”

“This is my private life
I have no friends to fear
I've got no problems, no cross to bear
If you can find me
Come and get me out of here...  
This is my private place
Everything is neat and clean
The skeletons are hidden in the closet
This is my private place
Come and get me out of here”
-Oingo Boingo


-Compiled by Phony McFakename

* * *

Legal disclaimer: Me am on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram and YouTube and even Pinterest if that's your thing. And me books am on Amazon and Barnes & Noble and Kobo and probably some other places, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment