Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Best Words: September 2016

A short one this month. Because I'm writing a bit more than I'm reading. And as always- this is where the stuff I think was funny on Twitter can be found. 

“The things we fear the most have already happened to us.”
-One Hour Photo 

"The secret to all of every industry: just start doing it, and they won't notice that they never told you to. If you want to be a hand model, just start doing it. Somehow people forget that they never gave you permission."
-Thomas Lennon

“Goodbye, everybody. Don’t touch my stuff after I’m dead. It’s booby-trapped!"
-Futurama 

"Old age is not for sissies."
-Quartet 

"Take my hand and keep it clean."
-Nirvana

"Suicide is illegal...Anyone who commits suicide is swiftly reincarnated and tortured for the duration of their natural life."
-D. Harlan Wilson, Pseudo-City 

“You’re drowning, bro...in chicksand.”
-Happy Endings 

“God grant me distraction.”
-Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves 

“The female mind is certainly a devious one, my lord."
Vetinari looked at his secretary in surprise. "Well, of course it is. It has to deal with the male one.”

"Peace?' said Vetinari. 'Ah, yes, defined as period of time to allow for preparation for the next war.”

“If you try to to take my bananas from me, I will reclaim them from your cold dead hands.”

“I see evil when I look in my shaving mirror. It is, philosophically, present everywhere in the universe in order, apparently, to highlight the existence of good. I think there is more to this theory, but I tend to burst out laughing at this point.”

“Apes had it worked out. No ape would philosophize, "The mountain is, and is not." They would think, "The banana is. I will eat the banana. There is no banana. I want another banana.”
-Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals 


-Compiled by Phony McFakename

* * *

Legal disclaimer: Me am on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram and YouTube and even Pinterest if that's your thing. And me books am on Amazon and Barnes & Noble and Kobo and probably some other places, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment