Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Favorite Quotes: March 2018


"As far as I’m concerned, you can drop off the Earth. That's a promise.”
-The Room

“With great power comes great mental illness.”
-Jessica Jones

“Sometimes she hears Troy is a cop. A toll collector. A professor. A musician. A stand-up comedian. Once she heard a terrible rumor he became a librarian, but she could not imagine Troy becoming the darkest of evil beasts, no matter what he had done to her. Is it even possible for a human to become a librarian? Diane wondered.”
-Welcome to Night Vale

“Nobody talks about Jesus' miracle of having 12 close friends in his 30s.”
-Mormonger

“The real road to hell was paved with all the friendships we made along the way.”
Isabel Zawtun

“I got a lot to say
I got a lot to say
I got a lot to say
I can’t remember now”
-The Ramones

I see people saying things like "We did not deserve Mr. Rogers." or "He was too good for this world."



No.



Mr. Rogers spend his life trying to convince you that we did deserve him, and deserve to treat each other how he treated us. We deserved him. He was the good we deserved.
-Jeremiah Tolbert

“I’m out of bullets!”
“How come?”
“Because I shot them all!”
-Hurricane Heist

“If our divided country can’t come together over a movie this wonderfully terrible, what hope do we really have?"
-Andrew Barker, review of the film Hurricane Heist

“You have to give The Hurricane Heist a lot of credit for getting to the point. It is a movie called The Hurricane Heist and it is about a heist that takes place during a hurricane and both the hurricane and the heist start happening almost right away.”
-Brian Gubb, another review of the film Hurricane Heist

“But you gotta be a, a hero. You want to be a champion. Well, let me tell you. People don't want a champion. They want to eat cheeseburgers, play the lotto, and watch television.”

“Somebody call somebody!”
-Se7en

“Let’s see where this goes,” Captain Paul said, and they all watched the ancient alien pyramid get closer into view, as they ate alien mushrooms from another planet, aboard their alien starship that apparently once belonged to ISIS. It couldn’t be more interesting."

"The planet was a lush green jungle full of life and beauty. It was pretty much like earth, except totally alien, complete with talking pineapples (probably). Big patches of the ground appeared to be shag carpet from the ‘70s. Monkey-lizard-birds were part of the local ecosystem and not just hallucinations. It also had more details about it that would make it seem more like Earth than an alien planet, but those are boring details and who wants to bore you here? Certainly not the author. Look, there are probably giant snakes you can ride complete with saddles and everything, so who cares that there are babbling creeks, a Starbucks, and clear, blue skies?
-Deadly Lazer Explodathon by Vince Kramer

Sgt. O'Brien: What are you doing?
Kirk: I want to follow it.
Sgt. O'Brien: I forbid you to. It's crazy. You don't know how to kill him, anyway!
Kirk: I know I don't, but I have no choice!
-Panic!

“I’m just so grateful to be so humble.”
-John Mulaney

“When everyone has to apologize for everything, then nobody will really be sorry for anything. And then people can be funny again.”
-Trevor Moore


-B.P. Kasik/Phony McFakename

* * *

I exist on Twitter and Facebook and InstagramAnd my Phony books are on Amazon here and my "legitimate" books are on Amazon here. Probably some other places, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment