Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Favorite Quotes: May 2018


“This is not good...not good to the max!”
-Eerie, Indiana: The Other Dimension

“You can’t be a successful Dictator and design women’s underclothing.”
“No, sir.”
“One or the other. Not both.”
“Precisely, sir.”
-P.G. Wodehouse, The Code of the Woosters

“...I'm getting tired of female protagonists who don't fit the social mold of the times - instead they are BRAZEN and SMART and PRAGMATIC. Just...give me a girl who likes to knit sometimes, y'know?”
-Devo Glass

“My brain is a smoking wreckage and I’m looking for the black box!”
-New Girl

“I think you’re a HEEL.”
“So I’m a heel. What of it?”
“Well, maybe I’m a guy who hates heels!”
“Well, maybe I'm a guy who hates guys who hate heels!”
“Well, maybe I’m a guy who hates guys who hates guys who hate heels!”
-Crimewave

“Your love is scaring me.”
-The Neighbourhood

“Hey, somebody ripped off the thing I ripped off! Man!”
-Cheech and Chong’s Next Movie

“Some people prefer to make their homes so neat that there is no evidence of life anywhere at all.”

“The reading area was a beautifully crafted trap set by the librarians, but it was too perfect. Even the dumbest book lover—and anyone who would regularly choose to come in contact with books could not be a bright bulb, Jackie thought—wouldn’t fall for this.”

“Nothing there but a distant airplane crawling across the sky, red blinking lights, vulnerable in the vast empty, faint red beacons flashing the message HELLO. A SMALL ISLAND OF LIFE UP HERE, VERY CLOSE TO SPACE. PRAY FOR US. PRAY FOR US.”

“Most people in Night Vale get by with a cobbled-together framework of lies and assumptions and conspiracy theories.”

“Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!”

“Josie produced a glass of water, through practiced manipulation of cupboards and valves and municipal plumbing. Neither she nor Jackie was impressed with the human miracle represented by how easily the glass of water was produced.”

“The City Council ended the conference by devouring a raw potato in quick, small bites of their sharp teeth and rough tongues. No follow-up questions were asked, although there were a few follow-up screams.”

“Pepsi: Drink Coke.”
-Joseph Fink, Welcome to Night Vale

“Your stupid face is putting me off my breakfast.”
-Voices from Beyond


-B.P. Kasik/Phony McFakename

* * *

My Phony books are on Amazon here and my "legitimate" books are on Amazon here. I exist on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment