Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Favorite Quotes: August-September 2018


“Look at that!”
“Do you think that’s the flying shark everyone’s been talking about?”
-Raiders of the Lost Shark

Beth: [Just before she's stabbed] "You scared me!"

Shrink: "The patient has shown signs of violent behavior in the past but these have been brought under control... I no longer feel that social interaction will be harmful."

"You look like you're having as much fun as shock therapy!"
-Night Screams

“Alright you bunch of pussies! I'm back and I'm kicking ass!”
-Shocking Dark

Emily Asher: "I pray every night that you don't go straight to hell."
Ethan Wate: "Oh, I won't go straight to hell, Emily. I wanna stop off in New York first."
-Beautiful Creatures

Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you!

Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Worst case of testosterone poisoning I have ever seen.

Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Lord Refa: Why should I do as you say?
Ambassador Londo Mollari: Because I have asked you; because your sense of duty to our people should override any personal ambition; and because I have poisoned your drink.

There's always the threat of an attack by say, a giant space dragon. The kind that eats the sun once every 30 days. It's a nuisance, but what can you expect from reptiles? Did I mention that my nose is on fire? And that I have 15 wild badgers living in my trousers?

I have been working up a good mad all day and I am NOT about to let you ruin it by agreeing with me!

A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles.

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out.

I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this.

Reports of our depression have been greatly exaggerated.
-Babylon 5

“There was once a group of men who believed they could solve the mystery of mysteries. They were scientists. Experts in chemistry, biology and physics. Students of alchemy. And of the arcane principles which governed the very equilibrium of our Universe. These men established a small research center on a remote tropical island. Where they proceeded with their humanitarian mission. A task linked to the fundamental principles of our very existence. Their aim was to conquer mankind's first, oldest and greatest enemy... Death itself.”

The Balladeer: [singing main theme song] “Living the night, living for flying so high. Fillin' our bogs for the fine in time. Touchin' our bane will feel your rain on the gain. Dust in your veins, mummify insane. Rising for North, rising for bison high. It's a nightlife, whoa! Runnin' hard if you want it or not! It's a wild life, whoa! You can't stop. You must go on! Oh! Living After Death! Living after death! I'm living after death LIVING AFTER DEATTTTTTTTH! Rising for North, rising for bison high.”

Rod the Mercenary: “When a man’s afraid he’s gonna die, there’s nothing he wants more than a woman by his side. And I want you.”

Rod the Mercenary: [kisses his machine gun] “Now you’re home with your Big Poppa!”
-Zombie 4: After Death


-B.P. Kasik/Phony McFakename


* * *

My "legitimate" books are on Amazon here and my Phony books are on Amazon hereI exist on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment