Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Favorite Quotes: February/March 2019



“Time is just as important as space; art, like shelter, is supposed to enrich your life, not make it more addled.”
Mary McNamara

“Let's get one thing straight! A successful semester to me means making out with as many cute boys as possible. Let's put it this way: anything in pants!”
-Aenigma (1988)

“You think ghosts like living in a haunted house?”
-Legion

“I feel like [Us] proves a very valid and different point than Get Out, which is, not everything is about race. Get Out proved the point that everything is about race. I’ve proved both points!”
-Jordan Peele, director of Us and Get Out

“What do you believe in?”
“Sex and death. Two things that come once in a lifetime.”
-Sleeper

“Nothing recedes like success.”
-Deathtrap

“The newly arrived dogs and cats seemed to be cooperating with each other in their assault on the devil’s cats. It was a dog and cat fight to end them all ... literally.”

“More than a hundred pounds of God-sent dog hit the creature as she was attempting to get to her one remaining foot.”
-William Johnstone, The Devil’s Cat

Rhonda: ‘Do you even have a suspect?’
Lieutenant Morgan: ‘As a matter of fact, I have several. It’s just the motive I can’t quite figure out.’
-Killer Workout

“Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. No one wants to smell that.”
-Seth Green


“A good book is an event in my life.”

“One can acquire everything in solitude except character.”

“Politics in a literary work, is like a gun shot in the middle of a concert, something vulgar, and however, something which is impossible to ignore.”
-Stendhal


“It’s too dark, man.”
“I don’t care.”
-True Detective, season 3

"Well, once there was only dark. If you ask me, the light's winning."
True Detective, season 1

'Pardon me,’ I said, preserving with an effort the polished suavity demanded from an English gentleman when chewing the rag with one of the other sex, ‘you’re talking through the back of your fatheaded little neck.'

“Who was Jezebel, by the way? The name seems familiar, but I can’t place her.”
“A character in the Old Testament, sir. A queen of Israel.”
“Of course, yes. Be forgetting my own name next. Eaten by dogs, wasn’t she?”
“Yes, sir.”
“Can’t have been pleasant for her.”
“No, sir.”
“Still, that’s the way the ball rolls.“
P.G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Offing

John Connor: “We’re not gonna make it, are we? Humans, I mean.”
Terminator: “It’s in your nature to destroy yourselves.”
-Terminator 2

"Now remember, class, a horse-head bookend will be your whole life. You don't need drugs, you don't need women, you don't need friends, you don't need your parents...as long as you have the ability to make horse-head bookends."
-Student Bodies


-B.P. Kasik/Phony McFakename

My "legitimate" books are on Amazon here and my Phony McFakename books are on Amazon hereI exist on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram but I only really post regularly on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment