Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Weekly Blog Post

At some point in 2015, I decided I'd write a blog post every week whether I had something to say or not.

So far, so good!

Apropos of nothing, I recently saw Heathers again for the first time in decades. Bizarre piece of work, and it holds up painfully well in a lot of ways. Here's the best quotes:

Veronica Sawyer: I just killed my best friend!
J.D.: And your worst enemy.
Veronica Sawyer: Same difference.



Pauline Fleming: Whether to kill yourself or not is one of the most important decisions a teenager can make.


Veronica Sawyer: Dear Diary, my teen-angst bulls**t now has a body count.


Veronica Sawyer: If you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game show host.


J.D.: The only place different social types can genuinely get along with each other is in Heaven.

Veronica Sawyer: Your day dreams are a lot better than my reality, believe me.

J.D.: Society nods its head at any horror the American teenager can think to bring upon itself.

Heather Duke: Some people need different kinds of convincing than others.

J.D.: The extreme always seems to make an impression.


Veronica Sawyer: Betty Finn was a true friend, and I traded her out for a bunch of swatch-dogs and diet-cokeheads.

Heather Chandler: F**k me gently with a chainsaw, do I look like Mother Teresa?

Kurt's Dad: I love my dead gay son!

J.D.: Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, darling.

Veronica Sawyer: What's your damage, Heather?

Veronica Sawyer: How very.

Heather Chandler: Did you have a brain tumor for breakfast?

Veronica: You know what I want, babe?
J.D.: What?
Veronica: Cool guys like you out of my life.

Heather Chandler: Grow up, Heather. Bulimia’s so ’87.

Veronica: If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?
Heather McNamara: Probably.

Veronica: That knife is filthy.
J.D.: What do you think I’m going to do with it, take out her tonsils?
Veronica: Excuse me, I think I know Heather a little bit better than you do. If she were going to slit her wrists, the knife would be spotless.

Heather Chandler: Is this a weak turnout or what? I had at least 70 more people at my funeral.

Veronica: I say we just grow up, be adults and die.



-B.P. Kasik/Phony McFakename

* * *

I exist on Twitter and Facebook and InstagramAnd my Phony books are on Amazon here and my "legitimate" books are on Amazon here. Probably some other places, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment