Wednesday, August 22, 2018

It's "Blog Cash-In" Time!

I published this one before Filmpass but forgot to mention it:


Which is rather baller, if I do say so myself. I used to joke that I'd reach a point where I publish so many books, I just wouldn't bother to announce them anymore. I reached that landmark!

Blog Cash-In is the most accurately-titled book of all time. It's a category-organized collection of blog entries from THIS VERY BLOG YOU'RE READING. I repeat: THE BLOGS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!

Fun bonus feature: at the end, you get my entire Freddy's Nightmares blog from 2005 where I suffered through every episode of that still-unreleased, still-unwatchable show in order to share my thoughts with lucky readers.

I designed the cover myself. I deliberately chose the notoriously awful "comic sans" font and the self-deprecating photo to indicate the amount of mad phat cash I will be rolling in once this book is published.

Now I know this concept sounds cheap and lazy, but this book actually took longer to produce than ANY of my others.

-First, it took a couple years to write it all.

-Second, I gathered it all together in early 2016 with the intention of making it my next book, planning to release one such compilation book per year.

-Third, the formatting. Oh, the FORMATTING. It was so demoralizing and tedious, it took more than two years of just pecking away at the manuscript here and there while between other writing projects. Fixing the footnotes and endnotes in the early entries alone probably took about a year.

But here we are, as Etta James said, "at last." All in all, it's pretty fun reading. My chatty blog-tone works better than I expected in a long-form book.

I've already gathered the material together for Blog Cash-In 2. That's done. So once formatting and organization is complete, it will be released.

In 2021 or so.

-B.P. Kasik/Phony McFakename

* * *

My "legitimate" books are on Amazon here and my Phony books are on Amazon hereI exist on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment